Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let the blogging begin...

So…I’ve started the blog.  Not because I’ve always wanted to become a serious writer, it’s just that I feel I have a lot of opinions on certain things and writing a blog would enable me to express them.  Fortunately, right now, I have plenty of time as I can afford to work only part time. So I guess this is the time to start focusing on things that I love doing and sharing them through this blog. And what do I like doing? Let’s see… I love taking pictures. I feel most creative when I’m with my camera. I see things better through my lens. And I have been told that I have an eye for photography. Besides I get to travel A LOT these days. Visiting new places, meeting new people and going through new experiences inspire me creatively.

I also love watching movies and talking about them afterwards. I’m particularly interested in the process of how the movies are made and how actors deliver their performances. I’ve started writing film reviews- well, it's more like jotting down how I feel about the movie, you know, my thoughts...... and I intend to do more of that and blog’em.  Some of the reviews can be found on this blog. :O)
What else? Oh, I have a passion for music and singing too. I listen to a lot of good stuff, Rhythm & Blues, Jazz, Show tunes, Dance, Electronic, Opera but mostly vocal-heavy music from Barbra Streisand, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, Josh Groban, Aretha Franklin, Brian McKnight, Shirley Bassey etc. I’ve sung with bands and performed on stage many times before although I personally don’t like my mediocre voice and singing very much. I always wish I had a proper training for singing but anyway.. . I still sing in my own karaoke room. Believe it or not, I own the song book that has over 5000 songs, just like the ones in Pay-by-hour- Karaoke stations. I bought it in Manila and now it’s hooked up to my Bose home theatre system so it produces good quality sound. My friends love it and whenever they visit me at my place, we have some real good singing till dawn over lots and lots of drinks.

So yeah, that’s a bit about what I love doing and what I will be blogging mostly about…. among other things.  I used to worry a lot about not being able to write properly (you know, like political and grammatical correctness, choice of words/topics/subject matters and such) but screw that- I’ve decided to write as I feel and as my mood takes me.  I plan to include movie and music reviews, about the places I visit, things that I do/experience and photos I take etc. I need to first put my writing into practice. This blog is my practice blog and it is for me, myself and (possible) others who are on the same page as me.  So let the blogging begin.   (fireworks!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: