Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera) (Single Review)


Maroon 5's front man, Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera
When the song first came out, I wanted to hate it for some reason but I couldn’t find any reason. After a few spins, I got addicted.  Even more so now that they have released the sizzling video in which they pay tribute to the Rock legend, Mick Jagger, obviously the inspiration of the song.  I love Christina Aguilera but not a huge fan of Maroon 5. “Moves like Jagger” is a departure from the band’s usual Pop/Rock style and the song’s whistle hook is genius. It weaves in and out of the song like a summer breeze; fresh, free and easy. Usually Adam Levine’s falsetto singing annoys me but here, it’s smooth as silk and sexy as Salsa,especially against Christina’s raspy powerful growls.  (And thanks, Christina for ONCE not over-singing the song). Just put it on a repeat play, this one’s sure gonna make you sway. 


No comments: