Although Amy Winehouse was widely-known for her global hit “Rehab”, this is my all-time favorite song from her history-making second (and sadly the last) album “Back to Black”. Achingly beautiful lyrics, combined with her soulful warbling, this song does not need a repeat listening to make an impact on you. It is simple yet magical and desperately sad. (Even more so now that she’s gone). 2:49 minutes of pure soul heaven. There are many videos of her singing this song live but I prefer this original studio version; Amy Winehouse at her best and that is how we will remember her. Rest in peace, Amy. You have given the world two great albums with such timeless music. We’ll miss you.
For you I was a flame
Love is a losing game
Five story fire as you came
Love is a losing game
Why do I wish I never played
Oh what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game
Played out by the band
Love is a losing hand
More than I could stand
Love is a losing hand
Self professed... profound
Till the chips were down
...know you're a gambling man
Love is a losing hand
Though I'm better blind
Love is a fate resigned
Memories mar my mind
Love is a fate resigned
Over futile odds
And laughed at by the gods
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game
Love is a losing game
Five story fire as you came
Love is a losing game
Why do I wish I never played
Oh what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game
Played out by the band
Love is a losing hand
More than I could stand
Love is a losing hand
Self professed... profound
Till the chips were down
...know you're a gambling man
Love is a losing hand
Though I'm better blind
Love is a fate resigned
Memories mar my mind
Love is a fate resigned
Over futile odds
And laughed at by the gods
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game

No comments:
Post a Comment